This online workshop is designed to assist medical practitioners, medical business owners and practice managers with the set-up and management of a successful skin cancer clinic or the integration of skin cancer services into general practice. The knowledge acquired will help you maximise your efficiency in managing skin cancer in primary care. You will also gain valuable insights into how you can develop your business and grow your practice.The online workshop consists of 15 modules which are delivered online and can be viewed and replayed at any time. Topics covered include set-up and layout of a skin cancer clinic, tools, equipment and systems required, daily workflow management, appointment book structure, training of support staff, Medicare billing and other medico-legal regulations.
Designed to assist medical practitioners, medical business
As a result of this online training, you will be able to:
- Set up and lay out a skin cancer clinic according to ergonomic principles.
- Select all tools and equipment required.
- Implement all systems required, including financial and IT services.
- Plan and execute the daily workflow including a specific appointment book structure.
- Conduct efficient full-body skin examinations, note taking and image capture.
- Train and use support staff to maximise efficiency.
- Understand Medicare billing and other medico-legal regulations.
- Market the clinic and skin cancer service efficiently.
- Exceed patient expectations from the reception counter to the treatment room.
2. Setting up your Skin Cancer Clinic
3. Clinic Layout
4. Tools and equipment
5. Systems to have in place
6. Workflow in detail
7. How to maximise your support staff
8. Skin Cancer Medicine
9. Skin Cancer and Medicare
10. A skilled workforce to optimise your practice
11. Efficient and effective financial systems
12. IT in Skin Cancer
13. Advertising and Marketing
14. Human Resources
Dr Tony Dicker
Senior lecturer (Skin Cancer) and Course Co-ordinator Master of Medicine (Skin Cancer), The University of Queensland
Mr Paul Elmslie
Founder and CEO of HealthCert International
Paul is a pioneer of the sub-specialised skin cancer clinic model and has built a network of dedicated skin cancer referral centres and training facilities across Australia, including the National Skin Cancer Centres. In 2006, Paul founded HealthCert, a global organisation dedicated to improving access to skin cancer diagnosis and treatment. With over 10,000 GPs from 32 countries trained, Paul has taken HealthCert to become the world's leading skin cancer education provider for primary care practitioners.
Full payment on the day of registration
We offer a ‘start anytime online’ course structure, which gives flexible start and completion times for studies, as well as exam extensions, to fit in with busy schedules. Participants can enjoy the flexibility to study at their own pace, in their own time, within their home or office, and on their favourite mobile device. The modules are set up in such a way that participants are not required to be online at specific times but can view and replay the video lectures at their convenience. With no travel, accommodation or out-of-office expenses incurred, participants can build critical skills and tailor their career while working in a busy practice or raising a family.
What you get for your one-off investment:
- 15 online modules which total 6½ hours that can be viewed and replayed at
- Digital reference materials including a
full-colourcopy of all PowerPoint slidespresented.
- Information sheets and patient templates:
|1. Billing Guidelines||11. Skin Excisions & Flaps|
|2. Item Number Report||12. Skin Grafts|
|3. Patient Consent Form||13. Wound Scar Management|
|4. Patient Registration Form||14. Opsite|
|5. Surgery Treatment Plan Form||15.
|7. What is a Biopsy|
|8. Biopsy & Aftercare||18. Primapore with Fixomul|
|9. Preparation for Surgery||19. Primapore with Skin Tape|
|10. Shave Curette Cautery|
CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION
Upon successful completion of the workshop requirements, participants will receive the Skin Cancer Business Management. This workshop
- Provides CPD points from the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
- Provides PDP points from the Australian Council of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
- Is recognised by the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses
endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Dubai. The number of CPD points must be stated on the certificate. Please contact PLD@dhcr.gov.ae for more information.
- Is a self-submitted activity in the UK. CPD events overseas, applicable to a doctor’s scope of practice, may be submitted for revalidation. Please confirm with your Responsible Officer.
- Is a self-submitted activity in Canada through the College of Family Physicians of Canada. Category 1 points are reported as certified and Category 2 points are reported as non-certified. Contact email@example.com for more information.